By Brett Slatkin
It is simple to begin writing code with Python: that is why the language is so immensely renowned. notwithstanding, Python has targeted strengths, charms, and expressivity that may be challenging to understand first and foremost -- in addition to hidden pitfalls that may simply journey you up if you happen to are not conscious of them. Effective Python can assist you harness the whole energy of Python to write down quite strong, effective, maintainable, and well-performing code. using the concise, scenario-driven variety pioneered in Scott Meyers's best-selling Effective C++, Brett Slatkin brings jointly fifty nine Python most sensible practices, counsel, shortcuts, and sensible code examples from specialist programmers.
Through practical examples, Slatkin uncovers little-known Python quirks, intricacies, and idioms that powerfully influence code habit and function. you will methods to opt for the best and potent method to accomplish key projects whilst a number of concepts exist, and the way to write down code that is more straightforward to appreciate, keep, and improve.
Drawing on his deep realizing of Python's services, Slatkin deals functional suggestion for every significant sector of improvement with either Python 3.x and Python 2.x. insurance includes:
- Built-in modules
- Production techniques
- And more
each one part includes particular, actionable instructions geared up into goods, every one with conscientiously worded recommendation supported by means of targeted technical arguments and illuminating examples. utilizing Effective Python, you could systematically enhance the entire Python code you write: no longer by way of blindly following ideas or mimicking incomprehensible idioms, yet by means of gaining a deep realizing of the technical the explanation why they make feel.
By Kent D. Lee
This easy-to-follow and classroom-tested textbook courses the reader throughout the basics of programming with Python, an obtainable language which might be discovered incrementally. beneficial properties: incudes quite a few examples and perform workouts through the textual content, with extra routines, ideas and overview questions on the finish of every bankruptcy; highlights the styles which regularly seem whilst writing courses, reinforcing the appliance of those styles for problem-solving via perform routines; introduces using a debugger instrument to examine a software, permitting scholars to find for themselves how courses paintings and improve their figuring out; provides the Tkinter framework for construction graphical person interface functions and event-driven courses; presents tutorial movies and extra info for college students, in addition to aid fabrics for teachers, at an linked website.
By Mark Lutz
Updated for either Python 3.4 and 2.7, this useful pocket advisor is the proper on-the-job quickly reference. You’ll locate concise, need-to-know info on Python forms and statements, distinct procedure names, integrated services and exceptions, favourite typical library modules, and different admired Python instruments. The convenient index enables you to pinpoint precisely what you need.
Written through Mark Lutz—widely famous because the world’s top Python trainer—Python Pocket Reference is a perfect significant other to O’Reilly’s vintage Python tutorials, studying Python and Programming Python, additionally written through Mark.
This 5th version covers:
- Built-in item varieties, together with numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
- Statements and syntax for developing and processing objects
- Functions and modules for structuring and reusing code
- Python’s object-oriented programming tools
- Built-in capabilities, exceptions, and attributes
- Special operator overloading methods
- Widely used usual library modules and extensions
- Command-line recommendations and improvement tools
- Python idioms and hints
- The Python SQL Database API
By Daniel Greenfeld
The 3rd version, Scoops of Django: top Practices For Django 1.8 is offered! Revised and multiplied to 532 pages, it is a entire new publication filled with new fabric. Please examine it sooner than paying for this edition!
Two Scoops of Django: top Practices For Django 1.5 is brim-full of fabric to help you together with your Django projects.
We'll introduce you to numerous tips, methods, styles, code snippets, and methods that we now have picked up over the years.
We have positioned hundreds of thousands of hours into writing and revising its three hundred+ pages of concise, example-packed text.
What is each person announcing approximately Scoops of Django?
- “A unmarried read-through of 2 Scoops of Django gave me such a lot of lightbulbs and counsel; I needed to return for a moment helping.” -- Lynn Root, purple Hat engineer and PyLadies ambassador.
- Ha ha, I discovered whatever within the first bankruptcy. Awesome. -- Zed Shaw, writer of study Python the tough Way.
- Two Scoops should still offer a few meals for inspiration and usable suggestions for anyone utilizing Django regularly. -- Malcolm Tredinnick, Django middle Contributor
- Make yes you have got your favourite undertaking subsequent to you whereas studying. you will be doing a little rewriting. -- Bryan Veloso, GitHubber, PyCon PH Keynote Speaker
- If i may time commute, first thing i would do will be supply my more youthful self a replica of this ebook, and make him learn it. -- Randall Degges, Passionate Python Hacker
- You comprehend these classes you research while initiatives blow up on your face? This booklet includes numerous initiatives worthy of such lessons. -- Lennart Regebro, writer of "Porting to Python 3"
- This e-book may still turn out to be an grand source for any new-to-Django developer that selections it up. -- Kenneth Love, writer of "Getting all started with Django"
- No topic what your ability point is, Scoops has sturdy suggestions for everyone. -- Jeff Triplett, Developer at Revsys
- This is the e-book i needed had existed and that i can have learn while i began studying Django. -- Barry Morrison, Linux structures engineer and Django developer
- Two Scoops of Django is by way of a ways the easiest Django e-book i have read. -- Ben Beecher on Twitter
- Are there any negatives? good sure. just one: I want i have learn it earlier! -- Branko Vukelic
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Coding Conventions
- Chapter 2: The optimum Django atmosphere Setup
- Chapter three: find out how to Lay Out Django Projects
- Chapter four: basics of Django App Design
- Chapter five: Settings and requisites Files
- Chapter 6: Database/Model most sensible Practices
- Chapter 7: Function-and Class-Based Views
- Chapter eight: top Practices for sophistication established Views
- Chapter nine: universal styles for Forms
- Chapter 10: extra issues to understand approximately Forms
- Chapter eleven: construction relaxation APIs in Django
- Chapter 12: Templates: top Practices
- Chapter thirteen: Template Tags and Filters
- Chapter 14: Tradeoffs of exchanging center Components
- Chapter 15: operating With the Django Admin
- Chapter sixteen: facing the consumer Model
- Chapter 17: Django's mystery Sauce: Third-Party Packages
- Chapter 18: trying out bankruptcy of Doom!
- Chapter 19: Documentation: Be Obsessed
- Chapter 20: discovering and decreasing Bottlenecks
- Chapter 21: safety top Practices
- Chapter 22: Logging: assistance and Tools
- Chapter 23: indications: Use instances and Avoidance Techniques
- Chapter 24: What approximately these Random Utilities?
- Chapter 25: Deploying Django Projects
- Chapter 26: tips to unencumber your individual Django Packages
- Chapter 27: ultimate Thoughts
- Appendix A: programs pointed out during this Book
- Appendix B: Troubleshooting
By Cyrille Rossant
Get began with Python for facts research and numerical computing within the Jupyter notebook
About This Book
- Learn the fundamentals of Python within the Jupyter Notebook
- Analyze and visualize info with pandas, NumPy, matplotlib, and seaborn
- Perform highly-efficient numerical computations with Numba, Cython, and ipyparallel
Who This e-book Is For
This booklet pursuits scholars, academics, researchers, engineers, analysts, newshounds, hobbyists, and all information lovers who're drawn to reading and visualizing real-world datasets. while you are new to programming and knowledge research, this ebook is precisely for you. in case you are already accustomed to one other language or research software program, additionally, you will relish this advent to the Python information research platform. eventually, there are extra technical subject matters for complex readers. No earlier adventure is needed; this publication includes every thing you want to know.
What you'll Learn
- Install Anaconda and code in Python within the Jupyter Notebook
- Load and discover datasets interactively
- Perform advanced facts manipulations successfully with pandas
- Create attractive info visualizations with matplotlib and seaborn
- Simulate mathematical types with NumPy
- Visualize and approach photographs interactively within the Jupyter laptop with scikit-image
- Accelerate your code with Numba, Cython, and IPython.parallel
Python is a hassle-free and robust programming language. IPython bargains a handy interface to the language and its research libraries, whereas the Jupyter computer is a wealthy atmosphere well-adapted to info technological know-how and visualization. jointly, those open resource instruments are wide-spread through newcomers and specialists all over the world, and in an enormous number of fields and endeavors.
This publication is a beginner-friendly advisor to the Python info research platform. After an advent to the Python language, IPython, and the Jupyter laptop, you are going to how to learn and visualize facts on real-world examples, the best way to create graphical consumer interfaces for picture processing within the pc, and the way to accomplish quickly numerical computations for clinical simulations with NumPy, Numba, Cython, and ipyparallel. via the tip of this e-book, it is possible for you to to accomplish in-depth analyses of every type of data.
Style and approach
This is a hands-on beginner-friendly consultant to investigate and visualize information on real-world examples with Python and the Jupyter Notebook.
By Andrew Collette
Gain hands-on event with HDF5 for storing clinical information in Python. This useful advisor fast will get you in control at the information, most sensible practices, and pitfalls of utilizing HDF5 to archive and proportion numerical datasets ranging in measurement from gigabytes to terabytes.
Through real-world examples and sensible workouts, you’ll discover issues comparable to clinical datasets, hierarchically geared up teams, user-defined metadata, and interoperable documents. Examples are acceptable for clients of either Python 2 and Python three. If you’re accustomed to the fundamentals of Python information research, this is often an excellent creation to HDF5.
- Get organize with HDF5 instruments and create your first HDF5 file
- Work with datasets by means of studying the HDF5 Dataset object
- Understand complicated positive aspects like dataset chunking and compression
- Learn how you can paintings with HDF5’s hierarchical constitution, utilizing groups
- Create self-describing documents through including metadata with HDF5 attributes
- Take benefit of HDF5’s kind process to create interoperable files
- Express relationships between info with references, named forms, and size scales
- Discover how Python mechanisms for writing parallel code engage with HDF5
By Magnus Lie Hetland
Gain a basic realizing of Python’s syntax and lines with the second one variation of Beginning Python, an up–to–date advent and useful reference. overlaying a big selection of Python–related programming subject matters, together with addressing language internals, database integration, community programming, and net providers, you’ll be guided via sound improvement ideas. Ten accompanying initiatives will make sure you can get your palms soiled in no time.
Updated to mirror the newest in Python programming paradigms and several other of the main an important gains present in Python 3.0 (otherwise often called Python 3000), complicated issues, akin to extending Python and packaging/distributing Python functions, also are lined.
What you’ll learn
- Become a informed Python programmer by way of following in addition to a pleasant, sensible advisor to the language’s key features
- Write code speedier by means of studying tips to make the most of complex good points reminiscent of magic equipment, exceptions, and abstraction
- Gain perception into smooth Python programming paradigms together with trying out, documentation, packaging, and distribution
- Learn via following in addition to ten fascinating tasks, together with a P2P file–sharing program, chat purchaser, online game, distant textual content editor, and more
- Complete, downloadable code is supplied for every undertaking!
Who this booklet is for
Programmers, beginner and in a different way, looking a finished creation to the Python programming language.
By Steven F. Lott
Analyze, encrypt, and discover intelligence info utilizing Python, the fundamental device for all aspiring mystery agents
About This Book
- Build a toolbox of Python contraptions for password restoration, foreign money conversion, and civic info hacking
- Use steganography to conceal mystery messages in images
- Get to grips with geocoding to discover villains' mystery lairs
Who This ebook Is For
If you're a Python newbie who's seeking to examine the language via fascinating initiatives, this publication is for you. A simple wisdom of programming and information is useful to get the main out of the book.
What you are going to Learn
- Quickly become familiar with utilizing Python to create instruments and remedy problems
- Manipulate picture documents and easy methods to encode messages into a picture utilizing steganography
- Gather a file's hidden secrets and techniques, comparable to EXIF info and ZIP archive contents
- Build functions that entry, filter out, and research stay information from the Web
- Design Python modules, libraries, and applications
- Customize your Python atmosphere with really good packages
- Extract information utilizing HTTP and FTP internetworking protocols
Python is an easy-to-learn and extensible programming language that permits mystery brokers to paintings with a large choice of information in a couple of methods. It offers rookies an easy option to commence programming, yet Python's common library additionally offers a variety of programs that permit Python-using mystery brokers to simply make the most of very subtle info processing.
This e-book will advisor new box agent trainees via placing jointly a Python-based toolset to collect, learn, and converse information. It begins via protecting the fundamentals after which strikes directly to sections comparable to dossier alternate, photo processing, geocoding, basic trigonometry, and extra delicate statistical processing. you'll then how one can use polynomials to encode and decode facts in several representations. additionally, this booklet indicates you ways so as to add instruments to a Python setting, paintings with pictures, and parse HTML websites to extract significant facts. the belief of including programs to Python is primary to how an agent will leverage those instruments for information processing.
By Jason Myers
Dive into SQLAlchemy, the preferred, open-source code library that is helping Python programmers paintings with relational databases corresponding to Oracle, MySQL, PostgresSQL, and SQLite. utilizing real-world examples, this sensible advisor exhibits you the way to construct an easy database software with SQLAlchemy, and the way to connect with a number of databases concurrently with an identical metadata.
SQL is a robust language for querying and manipulating information, yet it’s difficult to combine it along with your program. SQLAlchemy is helping you map Python items to database tables with out considerably altering your latest Python code. If you’re an intermediate Python developer with wisdom of uncomplicated SQL syntax and relational thought, this ebook serves as either a studying device and a convenient reference.
Essential SQLAlchemy contains numerous sections:
- SQLAlchemy Core: offer database companies in your functions in a Pythonic means with the SQL Expression Language
- SQLAlchemy ORM: Use the thing relational mapper to bind database schema and operations to facts items on your application
- Alembic: Use this light-weight database migration software to address adjustments to the database as your software evolves
- Cookbook: easy methods to use SQLAlchemy with net frameworks like Flask and libraries like SQLAcodegen
By Hans Petter Langtangen
With a first-rate concentrate on examples and functions of relevance to computational scientists, this brilliantly valuable e-book indicates computational scientists how one can advance adapted, versatile, and human-efficient operating environments outfitted from small scripts written within the easy-to-learn, high-level Python language. all of the instruments and examples during this e-book are open resource codes. This 3rd version good points plenty of new fabric. it's also published after a accomplished reorganization of the textual content. the writer has inserted greater examples and instruments and up-to-date details, in addition to correcting any error that crept in to the 1st imprint.