By Fletcher Heisler
An publication to coach programming via hands-on, attention-grabbing examples which are precious and fun!
Python is a brilliant programming language. It's unfastened, strong, more uncomplicated to learn than such a lot languages, and has extensions on hand to do nearly whatever you'll think automatically.
But how do you certainly use it? There are a whole bunch assets available in the market for studying Python, yet none of them are very useful or fascinating - as a substitute, they cross over every one proposal one after the other, by no means tying whatever jointly, yet spending lots of time misplaced in technical language, discussing the twenty other ways to complete every one simple task...
I are looking to write an ebook that at last offers a concise advent to every thing chances are you'll truly are looking to do with Python.
We'll commence with a brief yet thorough review of the entire fundamentals, so that you don't even want any previous event with programming. however the majority of the booklet may be spent increase instance code to resolve fascinating real-world problems.
Python is amazing for automating repetitive initiatives that will in a different way take you hours - for example, fast accumulating info from the internet, or renaming hundreds of thousands of records. the various themes that I'm making plans to cover:
Collecting information from webpages (web scraping)
Interacting with PDF documents - interpreting facts, developing PDFs, enhancing pages, including passwords...
Interacting with Excel records (less performance in OS X)
Calling different outdoor courses from inside of Python
Files - read/write/modify, unzip, rename, circulate, etc.
Basic online game development
Interacting with SQL databases (internal and ODBC connections)
GUI (Graphical consumer Interface) layout - growing uncomplicated point-and-click courses that anybody can use
Any different themes that you just, my backers, are such a lot in!
Update: through renowned call for, I'll be including internet program development
All comparable path fabrics downloadable at: http://www.psychotix.com/share/Real_Python.zip
Cay Horstmann?s moment version of Python for everybody presents a entire and approachable creation to primary programming strategies and layout abilities, and is helping scholars grasp uncomplicated strategies and develop into useful coders. The inclusion of complicated chapters makes the textual content appropriate for a 2 or 3-term series, or as a accomplished connection with programming in Python. significant rewrites and an up to date visible layout make this student-friendly textual content much more attractive. choked with reasonable programming examples, an exceptional volume and diversity of homework assignments, and lab routines that construct pupil problem-solving talents, it's no shock Python for everybody is the #1 textual content for early gadgets within the Python marketplace.
styles. even if you're facing revenues facts, funding information (stocks, bonds, etc.), clinical information, web content utilization, or the other form of info set, Python can be utilized to interpret, research, and glean details from a pile of numbers and statistics.
By Cyrille Rossant
Over a hundred hands-on recipes to sharpen your talents in high-performance numerical computing and knowledge technology with Python
About This Book
- Leverage the hot positive factors of the IPython laptop for interactive web-based tremendous facts research and visualization
- Become knowledgeable in high-performance computing and visualization for info research and medical modeling
- A finished assurance of clinical computing via many hands-on, example-driven recipes with specified, step by step explanations
Who This booklet Is For
Intended to an individual attracted to numerical computing and information technological know-how: scholars, researchers, lecturers, engineers, analysts, hobbyists... easy wisdom of Python/NumPy is suggested. a few talents in arithmetic can help you know the speculation in the back of the computational methods.
What you'll Learn
- Code higher by means of writing high quality, readable, and well-tested courses; profiling and optimizing your code, and engaging in reproducible interactive computing experiments
- Analyze facts with Bayesian and frequentist information (Pandas, PyMC, and R), and examine from facts with desktop studying (scikit-learn)
- Gain beneficial insights into indications, photographs, and sounds with SciPy, scikit-image, and OpenCV
- Learn easy methods to write blazingly quick Python courses with NumPy, PyTables, ctypes, Numba, Cython, OpenMP, GPU programming (CUDA and OpenCL), parallel IPython, MPI, and plenty of more
IPython is on the center of the Python clinical stack. With its commonly acclaimed web-based workstation, IPython is this present day a great gateway to facts research and numerical computing in Python.
IPython Interactive Computing and Visualization Cookbook comprises many ready-to-use concentrated recipes for high-performance clinical computing and knowledge research. the 1st half covers programming options, together with code caliber and reproducibility; code optimization; high-performance computing via dynamic compilation, parallel computing, and pictures card programming. the second one half tackles information technology, records, desktop studying, sign and picture processing, dynamical structures, and natural and utilized mathematics.
- Learn the best way to paintings with quite a few information and create attractive maps utilizing this easy-to-follow guide.
- Give a marginally of professionalism in your maps either for performance and feel and appear with assistance from this sensible guide.
- A innovative hands-on advisor that builds on a geo-spatial info and provides extra reactive maps through the use of geometry tools.
QGIS is a common open resource geographic details method (GIS) that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, and home windows. the recognition of open resource geographic info platforms and QGIS particularly has been starting to be speedily during the last few years.
Learning QGIS 3rd variation is a pragmatic, hands-on advisor up to date for QGIS 2.14 that offers you with transparent, step by step routines that will help you observe your GIS wisdom to QGIS. via transparent, sensible routines, this e-book will introduce you to operating with QGIS fast and painlessly.
This booklet takes you from fitting and configuring QGIS to dealing with spatial info to making nice maps. you'll find out how to load and visualize current spatial facts and create information from scratch. you'll get to grasp vital plugins, practice universal geoprocessing and spatial research projects and automate them with Processing.
We will disguise the best way to in attaining nice cartographic output and print maps. ultimately, you are going to expand QGIS utilizing Python or even create your individual plugin.
What you'll learn
- Install QGIS and get conversant in the consumer interface
- Load vector and raster information from records, databases, and net services
- Create, visualize, and edit spatial data
- Perform geoprocessing initiatives and automate them
- Create complex cartographic outputs
- Design nice print maps
- Expand QGIS utilizing Python
About the Author
Anita Graser studied geomatics on the college of technologies Wiener Neustadt, Austria, from the place she graduated with a master's measure in 2010. in the course of her experiences, she won hands-on event within the fields of geo-marketing and transportation examine. given that 2007, she has been operating as a geographic details structures (GIS) specialist with the dynamic transportation structures crew on the Austrian Institute of know-how (AIT), the place she specializes in interpreting and visualizing spatio-temporal information. Anita serves at the OSGeo board of administrators and the QGIS undertaking steerage committee. She has been operating with GIS on account that 2005, presents QGIS education classes, and writes a well-liked web publication on open resource GIS at anitagraser.com.
Table of Contents
- Getting all started with QGIS
- Viewing Spatial Data
- Data production and Editing
- Spatial Analysis
- Creating nice Maps
- Extending QGIS with Python
By Leon Sterling
This new version of The artwork of Prolog incorporates a variety of very important adjustments. such a lot heritage sections on the finish of every bankruptcy were up to date to take account of vital fresh study effects, the references were tremendously accelerated, and extra complex workouts were further which were used effectively in instructing the course.
half II, The Prolog Language, has been transformed to be appropriate with the recent Prolog normal, and the bankruptcy on software improvement has been considerably altered: the predicates outlined were moved to extra acceptable chapters, the part on potency has been moved to the significantly accelerated bankruptcy on cuts and negation, and a brand new part has been additional on stepwise enhancement—a systematic method of creating Prolog courses built by way of Leon Sterling.
All yet one of many chapters partially III, complicated Prolog Programming thoughts, were considerably replaced, with a few significant rearrangements. a brand new bankruptcy on interpreters describes a rule language and interpreter for specialist platforms, which larger illustrates how Prolog may be used to build professional platforms. The bankruptcy on software transformation is totally new and the bankruptcy on common sense grammars provides new fabric for spotting uncomplicated languages, exhibiting how grammars observe to extra desktop technology examples.
By Doug Hellmann
“Hellmann’s writing has turn into an vital source for me etc because it fills a severe hole in Python Documentation with examples.”
– Jesse Noller, Python middle Developer and PSF Board Member
Master the strong Python typical Library via genuine Code Examples
The Python normal Library comprises 1000s of modules for interacting with the working approach, interpreter, and Internet–all widely validated and able to jump-start your program improvement. The Python common Library through instance (2 quantity Set) introduces nearly each very important region of the Python 2.7 library via concise, stand-alone resource code/output examples, designed for simple studying and reuse.
Building on his well known Python Module of the Week blog sequence, writer and Python specialist Doug Hellmann specializes in “showing” now not “telling.” He explains code habit via downloadable examples that absolutely exhibit every one feature.
You’ll locate sensible code for operating with textual content, facts varieties, algorithms, math, dossier structures, networking, the web, XML, e mail, cryptography, concurrency, runtime and language providers, and masses extra. every one part absolutely covers one module, and hyperlinks to worthwhile extra assets, making this booklet an excellent educational and reference. insurance includes
Manipulating textual content with string, textwrap, re, and difflib
Implementing facts constructions: collections, array, queue, struct, reproduction, and more
Reading, writing, and manipulating records and directories
Regular expression development matching
Exchanging facts and supplying for endurance Archiving and knowledge compression
Managing approaches and threads
Using program “building blocks”: parsing command-line innovations, prompting for passwords, scheduling occasions, and logging
Testing, debugging, and compilation
Controlling runtime configuration
Using module and package deal utilities
If you’re new to Python, this publication will fast provide you with entry to an entire new global of performance. If you’ve labored with Python earlier than, you’ll observe new, strong ideas and higher how one can use the modules you’ve already tried.
Pro Python procedure management, moment Edition explains and exhibits the best way to follow Python scripting in perform. it is going to enable you to procedure and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that almost all approach directors will stumble upon of their careers. This e-book has been up to date utilizing Python 2.7 and Python three the place acceptable. It additionally makes use of a variety of new and correct open resource initiatives and instruments that are supposed to now be utilized in perform.
In this up to date variation, you can find numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one undertaking, the writer will outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra fascinating implementation steps. each one undertaking is observed by means of the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll have the capacity to use instantly or adapt on your standards and environment.
This booklet is essentially aimed toward skilled method directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be worthwhile for approach directors who are looking to research extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel quite a few procedure management difficulties. Python builders also will make the most of interpreting this e-book, particularly in the event that they are concerned about constructing automation and administration tools.
What you’ll learn
- Solve real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python
- Manage units with SNMP and SOAP
- Build a allotted tracking system
- Manage net functions and parse advanced log files
- Monitor and deal with MySQL databases instantly
Who this publication is for
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. the elemental wisdom of putting in programs on a variety of working platforms is discussed.
Table of Contents
1. interpreting and amassing functionality facts utilizing SNMP
2. handling units utilizing cleaning soap API
3. making a internet software for IP handle Accountancy
4. Integrating the IP handle program with DHCP
5. conserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
6. collecting and featuring Statistical information from Apache Log Files
7. appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
8. an internet site Availability money Script for Nagios
9. administration and tracking Subsystem
10. distant tracking Agents
11. information amassing and Reporting
12. disbursed Message Processing System
13. computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
14. utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse Solution
By Micha Gorelick, Ian Ozsvald
Your Python code could run properly, yet you wish it to run quicker. by means of exploring the elemental idea in the back of layout offerings, this useful advisor is helping you achieve a deeper realizing of Python’s implementation. You’ll how to find functionality bottlenecks and considerably accelerate your code in high-data-volume programs.
How are you able to make the most of multi-core architectures or clusters? Or construct a method that could scale up and down with no wasting reliability? skilled Python programmers will research concrete recommendations to those and different matters, in addition to conflict tales from businesses that use excessive functionality Python for social media analytics, productionized computing device studying, and different situations.
- Get a greater seize of numpy, Cython, and profilers
- Learn how Python abstracts the underlying laptop architecture
- Use profiling to discover bottlenecks in CPU time and reminiscence usage
- Write effective courses through making a choice on applicable facts structures
- Speed up matrix and vector computations
- Use instruments to collect Python right down to laptop code
- Manage a number of I/O and computational operations concurrently
- Convert multiprocessing code to run on a neighborhood or distant cluster
- Solve huge difficulties whereas utilizing much less RAM
Expand your Python talents by way of operating with information buildings and algorithms in a clean context—through an eye-opening exploration of complexity technological know-how. no matter if you’re an intermediate-level Python programmer or a pupil of computational modeling, you’ll delve into examples of complicated structures via a chain of workouts, case stories, and easy-to-understand explanations.
You’ll paintings with graphs, set of rules research, scale-free networks, and mobile automata, utilizing complex beneficial properties that make Python this kind of robust language. excellent as a textual content for classes on Python programming and algorithms, Think Complexity also will aid self-learners achieve necessary event with issues and concepts they won't come upon otherwise.
- Work with NumPy arrays and SciPy tools, uncomplicated sign processing and quickly Fourier remodel, and hash tables
- Study summary versions of advanced actual structures, together with energy legislation, fractals and crimson noise, and Turing machines
- Get starter code and suggestions that can assist you re-implement and expand unique experiments in complexity
- Explore the philosophy of technological know-how, together with the character of medical legislation, thought selection, realism and instrumentalism, and different topics
- Examine case experiences of advanced structures submitted by way of scholars and readers