By Steven F. Lott
Analyze, encrypt, and discover intelligence information utilizing Python, the basic device for all aspiring mystery agents
About This Book
- Build a toolbox of Python devices for password restoration, foreign money conversion, and civic facts hacking
- Use steganography to conceal mystery messages in images
- Get to grips with geocoding to discover villains' mystery lairs
Who This publication Is For
If you're a Python newbie who's seeking to study the language via fascinating tasks, this e-book is for you. A uncomplicated wisdom of programming and data is helpful to get the main out of the book.
What you are going to Learn
- Quickly familiarize yourself with utilizing Python to create instruments and resolve problems
- Manipulate photograph records and easy methods to encode messages into a picture utilizing steganography
- Gather a file's hidden secrets and techniques, equivalent to EXIF info and ZIP archive contents
- Build purposes that entry, filter out, and research dwell facts from the Web
- Design Python modules, libraries, and applications
- Customize your Python setting with really expert packages
- Extract information utilizing HTTP and FTP internetworking protocols
Python is an easy-to-learn and extensible programming language that permits mystery brokers to paintings with a wide selection of information in a few methods. It offers rookies an easy option to begin programming, yet Python's typical library additionally offers a number of programs that permit Python-using mystery brokers to simply make the most of very refined details processing.
This publication will advisor new box agent trainees via placing jointly a Python-based toolset to assemble, study, and speak information. It begins by means of overlaying the fundamentals after which strikes directly to sections similar to dossier trade, snapshot processing, geocoding, uncomplicated trigonometry, and extra delicate statistical processing. you'll then the right way to use polynomials to encode and decode info in numerous representations. additionally, this publication exhibits you the way so as to add instruments to a Python surroundings, paintings with photographs, and parse HTML websites to extract significant info. the belief of including applications to Python is critical to how an agent will leverage those instruments for info processing.
By Marty Alchin
You’ve discovered the fundamentals of Python, yet how do you're taking your abilities to the following level? no matter if you recognize sufficient to be effective, there are many gains which can take you to the following point in Python. professional Python, moment variation explores innovations and lines generally left to experimentation, permitting you to be much more efficient and creative.
In addition to natural code issues, professional Python develops your programming options and ways, to be able to help in making you a greater Python programmer. This booklet will increase not just your code but additionally your figuring out and interplay with the various verified Python communities.
This booklet takes your Python wisdom and coding abilities to the following point. It exhibits you the way to put in writing fresh, cutting edge code that might be revered through your friends. With this ebook, make your code do extra with introspection and meta-programming. And research and later use the nuts and bolts of an software, tier-by-tier as a posh case research alongside the way.
For additional information, together with a hyperlink to the resource code referenced within the ebook, please stopover at http://propython.com/.
What you’ll learn
- Write robust Python code that might be revered within the Python community
- Understand the explanations at the back of titanic layout judgements in Python
- Write courses which could reconfigure themselves in Python
- Disguise your code as forms of items in Python
- Inspect almost about any item in Python
- Prepare your code for foreign audiences
- Ensure code caliber with rigorous testing
Who this booklet is for
This ebook is for intermediate to complex Python programmers who're trying to know how and why Python works how it does and the way they could take their code to the following level.
Table of Contents
1. rules and Philosophy
2. complex fundamentals
5. universal Protocols
6. item administration
11. Sheets: A CSV Framework
12. type advisor for Python
13. balloting Guidelines
14. The Zen of Python
15. Docstring Conventions
16. Backward Compatibility Policy
17. Python 3000
18. Python Language Moratorium
By Michael J. Foord
In 2005, Microsoft quietly introduced an initiative to deliver dynamic languages to the .NET platform. the place to begin for this undertaking was once a .NET implementation of Python, dubbed IronPython. After a pair years of incubation, IronPython is prepared for real-world use. It blends the simplicity, beauty, and dynamism of Python with the ability of the .NET framework.
IronPython in Action bargains a accomplished, hands-on advent to Microsoft's interesting new procedure for programming the .NET framework. It techniques IronPython as a first-class .NET language, totally built-in with the .NET setting, visible Studio, or even the open-source Mono implementation. you are going to learn the way IronPython will be embedded as a ready-made scripting language into C# and VB.NET courses, used for writing complete functions or for internet improvement with ASP. Even larger, you will see how IronPython works in Silverlight for client-side internet programming.
IronPython opens up intriguing new probabilities. simply because it is a dynamic language, it allows programming paradigms no longer simply on hand in VB and C#. during this ebook, authors Michael Foord and Christian Muirhead discover the area of sensible programming, dwell introspection, dynamic typing and duck typing , metaprogramming, and extra.
IronPython in Action explores those themes with examples, employing the Python interactive console to discover the .NET framework with dwell gadgets. The specialist authors offer an entire advent for programmers to either the Python language and the ability of the .NET framework. The booklet additionally indicates the way to expand IronPython with C#, extending C# and VB.NET purposes with Python, utilizing IronPython with .NET 3.0 and Powershell, IronPython as a home windows scripting device, and masses extra.
buy of the print e-book comes with a suggestion of a unfastened PDF, ePub, and Kindle e-book from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the booklet.
By Joseph Howse
Use OpenCV in six mystery tasks to enhance your place, automobile, telephone, eyesight, and any picture or drawing
About This Book
- Build OpenCV apps for the computing device, the Raspberry Pi, Android, and the harmony video game engine
- Learn real-time ideas that may be used to categorise pictures, detecting and spotting any one or animal, and learning movement and distance with superhuman precision
- Design hands-free interfaces which are sensible in domestic automation, in automobiles, and in discrete surveillance
Who This publication Is For
This e-book is for programmers who are looking to extend their talents by way of development enjoyable, clever, and worthy platforms with OpenCV. The tasks are excellent in aiding you to imagine creatively in regards to the makes use of of laptop imaginative and prescient, typical person interfaces, and ubiquitous desktops (in your house, motor vehicle, and hand).
What you'll Learn
- Install OpenCV, a Python improvement atmosphere, and an Android improvement surroundings on home windows, Mac, or Linux and set up a team spirit improvement setting on home windows or Mac
- Get to grips with movement detection and gesture popularity as a way of controlling a guessing online game on a smartphone
- Detect automobile headlights, estimate distances to them, and supply suggestions to the driver
- Spot and realize human faces and cat faces as a method of controlling an alarm
- Amplify movement in real-time video in order that a person's heartbeat and respiring develop into in actual fact visible
- Draw a ball-in-a-maze puzzle on paper and spot it come to lifestyles as a physics simulation on a smartphone
- Integrate OpenCV with different libraries, in addition to well known frameworks for GUI apps and games
OpenCV is a grand choice of photograph processing capabilities and desktop imaginative and prescient algorithms. it's open resource, it helps many programming languages and systems, and it truly is quick sufficient for lots of real-time purposes. What loads of instruments we will be able to construct with this type of convenient library!
Taking suggestion from the realm of James Bond, this e-book provides a spark of experience and computing device imaginative and prescient in your day-by-day regimen. safeguard your house and motor vehicle with clever digicam platforms that examine humans, cats, and hindrances. allow your seek engine compliment or criticize the pictures that it reveals. listen a voice out of your cellphone that responds for your physique language. Attune your self to a different person's rhythm by way of glancing at a show that magnifies a heartbeat or a breath. examine OpenCV and notice your global as by no means before.
This publication introduces Python scripting for geographic details technological know-how (GIS) workflow optimization utilizing ArcGIS. It builds crucial programming talents for automating GIS research. Over two hundred pattern Python scripts and one hundred seventy five classroom-tested routines make stronger the training ambitions. Readers will discover ways to: • Write and run Python within the ArcGIS Python Window, the PythonWin IDE, and the PyScripter IDE • paintings with Python syntax and knowledge forms • name ArcToolbox instruments, batch technique GIS datasets, and control map files utilizing the arcpy package deal • learn and regulate proprietary and ASCII textual content GIS facts • Parse HTML websites and KML datasets • Create websites and fetch GIS information from net resources. • construct user-interfaces with the local Python dossier conversation toolkit or the ArcGIS Script instruments and PyToolboxes Python for ArcGIS is designed as a major textbook for advanced-level scholars in GIS. Researchers, executive experts and execs operating in GIS also will locate this ebook beneficial as a reference.
By Mitch Garnaat
If you must use Amazon internet providers (AWS) for distant computing and garage, Python is a perfect programming language for constructing purposes and controlling your cloud-based infrastructure. This cookbook will get you all started with greater than dozen recipes for utilizing Python with AWS, in response to the author’s boto library.
You’ll locate designated recipes for operating with the S3 garage provider in addition to EC2, the provider that allows you to layout and construct cloud functions. each one recipe contains a code answer you should use instantly, besides a dialogue of why and the way the recipe works. you furthermore mght get specified recommendation for utilizing boto with AWS and different cloud services.
This book’s recipes contain ways to support you:
- Launch circumstances on EC2, and continue music of them with tags
- Associate an Elastic IP handle with an instance
- Restore a failed Elastic Block shop quantity from a snapshot
- Store and visual display unit your personal customized metrics in CloudWatch
- Create a bucket in S3 to comprise your facts objects
- Reduce the price of storing noncritical data
- Prevent unintentional deletion of information in S3
By Jason Andress, Ryan Linn
Tools used for penetration trying out are frequently bought or downloaded from the net. each one software is predicated on a programming language corresponding to Perl, Python, or Ruby. If a penetration tester desires to expand, increase, or swap the performance of a device to accomplish a attempt another way than the default configuration, the tester needs to understand the fundamentals of coding for the similar programming language. Coding for Penetration Testers presents the reader with an knowing of the scripting languages which are primary whilst constructing instruments for penetration checking out. It additionally courses the reader via particular examples of customized device improvement and the events the place such instruments will be used. whereas constructing a greater knowing of every language, the reader is guided via real-world situations and power improvement that may be integrated right into a tester's toolkit.
- Discusses using numerous scripting languages in penetration testing
- Presents step by step directions on the way to construct custom-made penetration trying out instruments utilizing Perl, Ruby, Python, and different languages
- Provides a primer on scripting together with, yet now not restricted to, internet scripting, scanner scripting, and exploitation scripting
By Ayman Hourieh
Build strong internet functions, quick and cleanly, with the Django software framework * Teaches every thing you must create a whole net 2.0-style internet program with Django 1.0
* examine swift improvement and fresh, pragmatic design
* No wisdom of Django required
* filled with examples and screenshots for greater understanding
Django is a high-level Python net framework that used to be built by means of a fast-moving online-news operation to fulfill the stringent dual demanding situations of newsroom time cut-off dates and the desires of internet builders. it truly is designed to advertise speedy improvement and fresh, pragmatic layout and allows you to construct high-performing, stylish net purposes quickly. Django makes a speciality of automating up to attainable and adhering to the DRY (Don't Repeat your self) precept, making it more uncomplicated to construct high-performance net functions swifter, with much less code.
This e-book will assist you gather Django's positive factors and benefit from its strength to layout, advance, and install a fully-featured site. it's going to stroll you thru the production of an instance net software, with plenty of code examples.
Specially revised for model 1.0 of Django, the e-book begins via introducing the most layout innovations in Django. subsequent, it leads you thru the method of putting in Django in your process. After that, you are going to commence straight away on construction your social bookmarking program utilizing Django. a number of Django 1.0 elements and sub-frameworks might be defined in this procedure, and you may find out about them by way of example.
In every one bankruptcy, you'll construct a number of of the positive aspects which are crucial in internet 2.0 purposes, like consumer administration, tags, and AJAX. additionally, you will know about sturdy software program improvement practices, resembling holding your program safe, and automating checking out with unit checks. via the tip of the publication, you've equipped a completely useful real-life internet 2.0 software, and discovered the right way to install it to a construction server.
What you are going to research from this book?
* check in your clients via a person authentication procedure and deal with them efficiently
* limit person entry to definite pages and defend opposed to malicious input
* Create tags to permit visitors to categorise, view, and proportion content material easily
* Create your individual management interface for correct tracking of the internet site
* increase your person interface with AJAX and upload flavors in your net site
* allow balloting and commenting on content material, and demonstrate renowned content material to web site visitors
* construct consumer networks; upload good friend administration and invitation positive factors for social networking
* Create unit checks to automate the trying out of code
The easy and transparent strategy is perfect for newbies to Django. choked with examples and screenshots, this ebook may also help you research the positive factors of Django 1.0 and assist you construct a dynamic site utilizing these gains.
Who this publication is written for?
This ebook is for net builders who are looking to learn how to construct an entire web site with net 2.0 beneficial properties, utilizing the facility of a confirmed and renowned improvement method, Django, yet don't unavoidably are looking to learn the way the full framework features for you to do that. uncomplicated wisdom of Python improvement is needed for this e-book, yet no wisdom of Django is predicted.
By Eric Matthes
Python Crash Course is a fast paced, thorough creation to programming with Python that would have you ever writing courses, fixing difficulties, and making issues that paintings in no time.
In the 1st 1/2 the publication, you are going to find out about simple programming ideas, comparable to lists, dictionaries, periods, and loops, and perform writing fresh and readable code with workouts for every subject. you are going to additionally tips on how to make your courses interactive and the way to check your code adequately ahead of including it to a venture. within the moment half the booklet, you are going to positioned your new wisdom into perform with 3 giant initiatives: an area Invaders-inspired arcade video game, info visualizations with Python's super-handy libraries, and a straightforward net app you could install online.
As you're employed via Python Crash Course, you are going to learn the way to:
- Use strong Python libraries and instruments, together with matplotlib, NumPy, and Pygal
- Make 2nd video games that reply to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that develop more challenging because the online game progresses
- Work with facts to generate interactive visualizations
- Create and customise basic internet apps and set up them correctly online
- Deal with blunders and mistakes so that you can clear up your individual programming problems
If you have been pondering heavily approximately digging into programming, Python Crash Course gets you up to the mark and feature you writing genuine courses quick. Why wait to any extent further? commence your engines and code!
For classes in Python Programming
Introduces Python programming with an emphasis on problem-solving
Now in its Third Edition, Practice of Computing utilizing Python keeps to successfully introduce readers to computational considering utilizing Python, with a powerful emphasis on challenge fixing via machine technology. The authors have selected Python for its simplicity, strong integrated facts buildings, complicated keep an eye on constructs, and practicality. The textual content is outfitted from the floor up for Python programming, instead of having been translated from Java or C++.
Focusing on facts manipulation and research as a topic, the textual content permits readers to paintings on actual difficulties utilizing Internet-sourced or self-generated facts units that characterize their very own paintings and pursuits. The authors additionally emphasize software improvement and supply readers of all backgrounds with a pragmatic beginning in programming that go well with their wishes. between different adjustments, the Third Edition includes a change to the Anaconda distribution, the SPYDER IDE, and a spotlight on debugging and GUIs.
Also available with MyProgrammingLab™
MyProgrammingLab is an internet studying process designed to have interaction scholars and enhance effects. MyProgrammingLab comprises a collection of programming workouts correlated to express Pearson CS1/Intro to Programming textbooks. via perform routines and speedy, custom-made suggestions, MyProgrammingLab improves the programming competence of starting scholars who usually fight with the fundamental suggestions of programming languages.
Note: you're paying for a standalone product; MyLab™ & Mastering™ doesn't come packaged with this content material. scholars, if drawn to procuring this name with MyLab & studying, ask your teacher for the proper package deal ISBN and direction identification. teachers, touch your Pearson consultant for additional information.
If you desire to buy boththe actual textual content and MyLab & getting to know, seek for:
0134520513 / 9780134520513 The Practice of Computing utilizing Python plus MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- entry Card package deal, 3/e
Package is composed of:
- 0134381327 / 9780134381329 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- entry Card Package
- 0134379764 / 9780134379760 The Practice of Computing utilizing Python, 3/e